Re: Grommets

To: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Grommets
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 18:14:12 -0400
At 10:22 PM 5/7/98 -0500, you wrote:
... I noticed about a 1" hole
>near the throttle cable.  The hole is immediately below the end of a rubber
>tube.  What is this tube for?  A drain of some kind?  Does anything belong
>in the hole?  A similar tube sticks through the carpet near the gas pedal.
>What is this one for?  That should hold me for a day or two.  Thanks in
>advance for the help.  Oh the joy of owning the only Tiger in town.
>
>Jim Pickard
>B9473298

        The hose is the drain for the water that comes in the vents in front
of the
windshield .  There was a "duckbill" ( a rubber ball shape with a pair of rubber
flaps attached at the bottom ) on the end to the hose to allow water
to flow out , but not come in from the bottom.  Without the hoses installed
correctly you get water on your feed in a good rain and the floor boards
get a chance to rust out some more.
Jim Barrett Tifer II 351C and others