Re: Intake Manifold Gaskets

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Intake Manifold Gaskets
From: nfgjr@juno.com
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 21:58:43 -0400
This is an old/new racers trick. When you constantly remove/replace the
manifold (to change lifters, cams, ect..) you want something quick and
easy,and if the heads have been milled it changes the intake to block
specifications and the "correct" gasket may not seat/seal properly. I've
used silicone sealer and have never had one leak yet.
Norm Garland
nfgjr@juno.com

On Sat, 17 Oct 1998 06:50:17 -0700 "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
writes:
>Listers,
>
>I installed an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake on my 302. I actually
>read
>the entire instruction pamphlet that the good people at Edelbrock
>supply
>with the manifold. It suggests that the cork "dogleg" gaskets that are
>intended to seal the front and rear ends of the manifold be left on
>the
>workbench. They suggest a 1/4" bead of high-temp silicon type gasket
>sealer
>be used in the gaskets place. The reason they prefer this procedure
>was
>previously described by Bill Martin in his post from the Digest on
>Saturday. I installed my manifold as per the instructions and have not
>had
>any leaks.
>
>P.S. Torrey pines Concour d'Elegance this Sunday featuring Alfa-Romeo
>
>Mike S.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]