Re: Picture of Miles prototype

To: awtiger@ix.netcom.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Picture of Miles prototype
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 23:59:03 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/99 8:47:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
awtiger@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< They are American Racing "Silverstone"
 wheels.  They may as well have been made out of "unobtainium," as they have
 been out of production for years.  I know of noone who is reproducing those
 wheels.  I had a set for one of my old Tigers back in the mid-80's and,
 like an idiot, sold them when I sold the car (I could shoot myself right
 about now for that).  I have seen sets advertized for as much as $1200.00
 to $1500.00 per set, which is out of reach for guys like me.   >>

I guess that price would be for the magnesium American Racing wheels, the
aluminum ones are out there for anywhere from $15-75 a piece, depending on
condition. Also, be careful of old magnesium wheels, they tend to be less
than safe (read brittle) and may be for "show only".
Mike