Re: Picture of Miles prototype

To: twojohnsons@home.com, Vonski@aol.com
Subject: Re: Picture of Miles prototype
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 08:50:03 -0700
Al,

Carefull Al; methinks Bo is a bit too sensitive to appreciate the humor of
"experts" regarding his newest labor of love. But wouldn't it be great to
celebrate both British Car Week and the 100th anniversary of Sunbeam by
driving the Miles car over the same 5000 miles, including the "high speed
runs along the West Coast" and "two days' driving up and down the hills of
San Francisco", it was test driven back in '63? Maybe even get a contest
going for spotting the famous Miles prototype on the highway. Hey, this
could become a real media event!

Sorry I missed the Cheadle BBQ in San Diego,

Bob

At 08:20 AM 5/19/99 -0400, twojohnsons@home.com wrote:
>Disappointed not to see the car wearing broken spoked Alpine wheels. Or is
>that story of breaking them with the car's power on its maiden run only
>myth????
>Al J.
>
>Vonski@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Bo,
> > That's a really pretty car.  As a Tiger enthusiast, I' d like to thank you
> > for saving part of the marque's heritage.
> >
> > Von
> > who once owned a Tiger, sniffle sniffle

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com