RE: Tiger authentication

To: "'DJoh797014@aol.com'" <DJoh797014@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Tiger authentication
From: "Parfitt, Bill @ PDX" <BParfitt@GlacierNW.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:03:27 -0800
Dave,

     Stay on the box all you want!  But now you're getting into the
politics. I was at SUNI also, as was every other major Tiger organization. I
don't have a clue as to why some kind of program has not been instituted
beyond the West Coast. I do know that people who truly know the cars
jealously guard their secrets.  When I sat next to someone who TAC's cars
and I started asking questions about the process I got nowhere. It was like
one of these " I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you"
routines. All I know is that 1) these cars have a simple ID system 2) they
are easily modified to fool the unsuspecting and 3) many buyers do not have
the knowledge of Theo, Steve, and perhaps yourself to identify a true Tiger
on their own.  I know, I am one of them. I also have Norman"s book which is
replete with horror stories about phonies. I am, in fact, a transplanted
Easterner (pennsylvania) who first drove a new Tiger (am I dating myself?)
when in college and have waited many years to get one of my very own and I
find the TAC system as ONE way for someone like myself not to get stiffed.
NOW, who is on the soapbox.  Bill