Re: Tiger authentication

To: "Bob, Jerry (LBOB)" <LBOB@chevron.com>
Subject: Re: Tiger authentication
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 19:46:10 -0800
At 11:33 AM 1/12/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Who does one contact to get a Tiger authenticated in the San Francisco bay
>area, and what is unique about the rivets that they would be distinguishable
>from a garden variety rivet?  At least I can do a visual check of my car for
>some added piece of mind.  I have the original paperwork for my Tiger when
>it was delivered to the original owner, but when I sell it some day it may
>be worth having the car authenticated.
>
>Jerry

        Having your Tiger Authenticated in the bay area is relatively easy but
it
does make it easier if the car is running and driveable.  In that case you
can simply bring it to a meeting or other STOA event.  If you are unable to
drive the Tiger, I can put you on our list for the next scheduled TAC on
wheels.  This is where we drive around to owners homes to authenticate the
cars.  We do this a couple of times a year.

        Sunbeam used a couple of rivet designs that are relatively unique.  The
original rivets give you the additional comfort that the ID on the Tiger is
the original ID.  We don't need any ID elements to Authenticate a Tiger but
there is no way to substantiate that the shell and the ID plate match if
the plate has been removed.  I have seen original paperwork in cars that we
were not able to Authenticate.  It's not relative to the question.

        For those in other area's, we are advancing the program.  We have
offered
the TAC service at Tigers United's on the west coast, the last two SUNI's,
and several of the United on the east coast.  We have trained inspectors on
the east coast, and have an operating STOA group in the Seattle area that
has a Senior Inspector and can and does TAC cars on it's own.  We are
trying to get the program going in both Australia and in England.  Closer
to home, the TAC program and its value to Tiger Owners is still not
universally accepted and certain geographical areas are more accepting than
others.

        If you would like STOA membership information, call my work number and
ask
for Jennifer or Kevin.

Tom Hall
Senior Inspector