RE: Tiger authentication

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tiger authentication
From: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:22:49 -0700
Bill, I'm flattered, but I'm not, at this point, a Tiger expert. I am
fortunate enough to have easy access to both an Alpine shell and my Tiger,
which allows me to make comparisons on these two particular examples, but
that doesn't necessarily translate to being able to spot a converted Alpine
(the one that's being built locally is not an attempted Tiger clone, and
there's no effort being made to hide its Alpine origins).
Consider that there were three distinct and several more sub-flavors of
Tiger made, based on two (or more) Alpine bodyshell variations. The TAC
inspectors, particularly, have a depth of background in these matters that
few of us will ever approach, and there are other Tiger owners (some of whom
lurk on this list) who have seen enough Tigers and Alpines in different
states of repair and restoration that they know where the obvious and
not-so-obvious changes are.

Now if I can convince my wife that she needs a mk1 Tiger, then I could
expand my knowledge a bit... I'm always willing to learn.

Theo Smit