Re: Cool It

To: Scott Minton <sminton2000@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Cool It
From: johnc@nait.ab.ca
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 09:09:26 -0600
Hi Scott:
I was in an identical position to you except for the moved filler cap. I
added as surge tank from a 351(?) Ford. It looks and is sized similar to
the TIGER surge tank but is flat on the top and bottom. I soldered a tube
to the bottom so that it would fit the same as the original tank and I used
the original mounting points. That way if I am ever so fortunate to get an
original tank I can bolt it into place.
I made a shroud out of aluminium but it could easily be made from tin.  Get
the shroud to surround  as much of the fan as possible.  The big trick is
to make sure that 1/3 of the back edges of the fan blade extend past the
shroud. My first shroud covered the fan too deep and the TIGER ran hot. I
then cut the sides down to allow the 1/3 exposure and have had it has run
cool ever since.
Keep in touch.
Godspeed
Jc