Re: Tiger vs Morgan +8

To: <sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com>, <MWood24020@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Tiger vs Morgan +8
From: "Rich Atherton" <aka.gumby@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:24:26 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: <sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com>
To: <MWood24020@aol.com>
Cc: <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>; <oharajem@free.midcoast.com>;
<sfordrb@aol.com>; <aka.gumby@gte.net>; <colin.mills@bluewin.ch>;
<tigers@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 3:41 PM

> There's a guy named Dave Williams who collected a bunch of engine weight
> data.  Can't vouch for the accuracy of the following info, but I talked
> with Dave by e-mail once and he seems a VERY savvy guy.
> Anyway, the BOP 215 motor (presumably without ancillaries) is quoted at
> 324 lbs and the Ford 289-302 (again, presumably without ancillaries) is
> quoted at 460 lbs.
> It's been a while since I downloaded his info, but the site was:
> http://home1.gte.net/42/engfyi.htm.
>
> Regards
>
> David Sosna
> 65 S4 GT 2.8 V6 (still for sale)
> 66 Tiguar (closer to getting on the road)
>

> MWood24020@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Interesting comment re: front end weight. If I'm not mistaken, a B-O-P
215 V8 w/ bellhousing and trans weighs a significant amount MORE than a
small block Windsor w/ bellhousing and top loader...why bother with a motor
that has less displacement, potential and parts availability?
> > I, personally, like Tom Hall's solution which is now owned by the
Guerras: 13b rotary and direct top Mazda sourced 5 speed. The whole shooting
match is about as big as a beer keg and fits behind the front crossmember!
200+ hp just makes it better, although you do have to watch what gear you
are in...