Re: Too much junk in the coolant!

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Too much junk in the coolant!
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:45:50 -0800
Steve, the Mercedes group is always against distilled water, as it is
seeking minerals, and the engine, and alum parts are the victim.  They
recommend just tap water unless you live in a place where the tap water
is very high in mineral contents.

An alternative is to use, citric acid to clean the block,  You can get
it from the pharmacist, and is cheap.  Your back flush idea is good for
the loose stuff as well.

Larry