Re: Too much junk in the coolant!

To: "Larry Paulick" <larry.p@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Too much junk in the coolant!
From: "Chris Thompson" <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:41:22 -0500
First, an apology, Larry - by your response, I believe you thought that I
was being sarcastic, whereas I *know* you know a lot about water chemistry
you having been in the swimming pool business.  But I can see how it could
be read the other way.

What he says below is that distilled water is corrosive, which I think we
all agree is true.  That is different from "seeking minerals", I believe.
Is that right?  But all water is naturally corrosive.  That's why we know to
put anti-corrosion compounds in our mix, no matter what flavor we are using.
The conclusion I draw from the discussion below is simply to use
anti-corrosion, and *not* to use tap water if you don't know exactly what
you've got.  And I think what he says about it being "disastrous" to not mix
your distilled water and antifreeze in a separate container is ludicrous.
Distilled water is not going destroy anything in a flash.

I'll search the E-type archives tonite to see if I can find any of *their*
discussion, and post if I find it.  But wanted to get right back at you.
I've got a long list of folks I don't mind offending, but you surely ain't
on that list - my apologies if I was read wrong.

Chris