RE: Soft Tops

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Soft Tops
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:33:59 -0300
The time has come in the restoration of my Tiger to replace the soft
top.

Living here in the boonies with no other Tigers as a reference, I am not
able to check out the various versions available and make a choice.

I like the convenience of the "velcro" version currently on my car, but
is it "original"? Was velcro even invented in 1965?

I'm not too thrilled with the "pin-point vinyl" material, and lean
slightly toward a heavier "canvas" material if it is available. What was
the original material? And.....what is the consensus of the cognoscenti?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Dave Munroe