Re: Tiger values

To: bmelusky@netscape.net, "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger values
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:44:09 -0800
Having owned a  new 1949 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 red convertible, which was
essentially a Chevrolet body with coil spring rear suspension, 4 speed
hydramatic, and the first Kettering OHV V-8.

This car was dynamite, and was chassis dyno tested at 150 horsepower
through the rear wheels.  Little known to most people, Oldsmobile was
the GM test horse, and got all the new experimental stuff to see how it
worked in the hands of the public.  It got the "stuff" before Cadillac.

When most '49 cars were attracting flies, mine was attracting my High
School Cheerleaders.  ;-) .   Pretty good performance, where it really
counts for a geek engineer.

Steve

--
-----