A Good Motor..

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: A Good Motor..
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:33:33 -0800
Joey's question regarding what he could do to make the 260 in his dad's
Tiger be a bit more powerful now has me asking a question.

 I'd like to hear from the list as to what a good strong STREET motor should
be. Here are the basics:

a. Stock 260 displacement, no overbore. 3.80 inches
b. Stock stroke. 2.87 inches
c. Daily driver
d. Greater that 20 mpg
e. Decent accleration
f. Stock 2.88 gears
g. Close ratio top loader

Ok, so what would your mods be to make the above?

Now for part 2. What would be the mods to make the 260 a serious hp
contender with some reliability? Must keep bore and stroke 3.8 and 2.87.

Send me your dream engine mods and I will run them through the desktop dynp
or dyno 2000 or whatever. I'll post the dyno sheets on the web site. Winner
will get (If he/she can catch me) a bigh orange drink or RC COla and Moon
Pie. I might even consider a first and second place prise. First might be a
weeks vacation in Pahrump...second place maybe 2 weeks? maybe not...

mayf, off planet in Pahrump