RE: National Club

To: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: National Club
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:08:49 -0800 (PST)
Readers- Stu makes some excellent observations and
suggestions. He backs up his opinions with sound
reasoning.

This forum has opened up more information to Tiger and
other Rootes owners( I would think a Tiger person
would help an Alpine person here) than belonging to
the clubs. I love receiving newsletters, no matter
what the content. Its wonderful having my car(s)make
me an immediate friend to so many different
individuals from so many backgrounds, both rich, cause
some of the owners do pretty well for themselves and
poor, cause I know lots about that.No matter who first
had the idea, Mr. Miller if credit is due, the
internet has become our strongest accessory and
produces much faster results than our clubs
newsletters. You know sometimes you have to stop
before you try to fix what isnt broken.
 All the clubs have boards, people that work for
nothing but the fulfillment of trying to give back to
others what they themselves have received. Each club
has its own governing body and that body was voted
into the respective offices by club members. People
are different from the east to the west, some opinions
are looked on as brilliant while others are laughed
at.
The people that read and or contribute to the "LIST"
has become a national club. Its free, its is open and
every opinion has the right to be read. Then its time
to move to the next subject.Perhaps we should rename
the LIST to THE CLUB- where there are no rules, other
than respect and lack of strong language, there are no
dues, because we have freedom of speech or opinion and
we have more active members than the clubs, we don't
get paid and we cant wait to read todays newsletter as
it is a continuous flow of information, some of it
VERY useful and some, probably mine, not so useful.
 If anyone wants another CAT, STOA, TE/AE etc etc and
they want it to be national;well you have been part of
it since you sent the email that put your email
address
on the list. I make a motion we rename the list to be
THE NATIONAL CLUB that we elect no officers and we
continue to strive to have friendship,information and
the willingness to help each other as our numbers are
small compared to many but we become stronger as we
age.Its time the CLUB brings the Tiger into national
attention, its time we make our cars accelerate in
value,its time to send mass emails(I sent two to the
C. Shelby club- don't know if he read either but
"Alice's Restaurant" said, "just imagine")
 Members of the List, we are the National club and
because we are free, every Tiger owner will want to
join our club because it doesn't cost a cent and there
is more information available by the day as each new
member can give by sending his or her thoughts. They
can be discussed,told to see TU for the needed
information or send a pic of a piece of angle iron and
have people guessing what it was used for.
Now for the rest of the story. Thats my opinion. Tony
Lang in IL.