Re: Chrysler Tiger

To: prbreuhan@hotmail.com, wittsend@jps.net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Chrysler Tiger
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:43:19 EST
In a message dated 1/29/2005 2:19:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
prbreuhan@hotmail.com writes:

>http://www.westechperformance.com/pages/Tech_Library/Popular_Engine_Specs/dimensions.html

Paul,
Great site...
The Chevy small block isn't that far off either.  Not being able to get under
the hood right now, I can't remember how close to the sides the Ford rocker
boxes are.  I remember that there is little clearance on top to remove the
rocker covers.  But,  the Chevy has the dist. at the rear too.  To clear the
dist.
the heat box has to be removed and the hood hold-down.  Of course a road car
of the 60's needed heat so a place for that would have to be found for that
and then a method for holding the hood that could be released from inside.  A
hold-down that isn't centered wouldn't work that great either.  Hmm, it's more
than just cutting into the bulkhead.   I would bet for Shelby the quickest and
easiest seemed the Ford  because the distributor was in front.  For
Rootes....hey, we've got an engine pretty cheaply with twice the displacement
as the 4
cylinder.....and, 164 hp and 250 lbs of torque in a little car like this...who
could possibly need more than that:-)
Thanks again for the site.
Mark L.