Re: Chrysler Tiger

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Chrysler Tiger
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:04:51 -0800
Nothing against Paul for providing the site, but my 318 and tape measure
don't concur with the sizes posted. On the 318 the outside of the heads
actually angle back inward as they rise off the block (unlike the
illustrated image). Hence, the widest dimension is near where the block and
head meet (there are also a few bosses that project off the block, near the
head) and that measures in the 22" to 23" range (including the bosses), not
the 25" the site list. I would think the 260 dimentions would be smaller
too.
 Regardless, even if the apparent errors are equal that extra 3" (using the
sites measurments) would have the upper A-arms bolting to the exhaust
manifold, not the crossmember based on comparative observation. Then there
is the distributor.... . perhaps Dodge Van engine covers could have been
used???
Tom

> They might have had hack/re-engineer things pretty good. You can get some
> general dimensions here...

http://www.westechperformance.com/pages/Tech_Library/Popular_Engine_Specs/di
mensions.html