motor oil

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: motor oil
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:03:27 EDT
Okay, I screwed up...I listed the cars capacity as 8.5 gallons and of course
it should have been 8.5 quarts.  Hey, it's been 90 degrees in Vermont and the
brain tends to get a little fried.  We just aren't used to that temperature:-)

Some list member sent info on a Mobile One racing oil 0W-30.  I think that is
the odd numbered oil that the dealer recommended.  For colder operating
temps. the car manual normally recommend 5W-30 or 10W-30 depending on the
expected
temperature.  The parts people at the dealership (Mercedes) said they just use
this 0W-30 for all the vehicles year around.  And....they charge about $5.50
per quart so it can't be this same racing oil mentioned.

Mark L.