Re: Clutch Explosions and Bellhousings

To: tigers@autox.team.net, tgrrr@peoplepc.com
Subject: Re: Clutch Explosions and Bellhousings
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 02:50:28 EST
Hey all,

       If Bob Hokanson actually dodged a bullet, it was the only time he
managed to do so in the nearly 30 years I have known him!  Bob has "been there
and
REdone-that" more times than I can count!  I'm sure Bob lost count before I
did!  (Hi Bob!)

       My similar story also has to do with a McCloud clutch and it never
felt right ... kinda gooey, from the start ...  but that's a different story.

       It never failed, but the special "MR Gasket" cap screws that held the
pressure plate to the flywheel would periodically loose their heads ... POP!
... rattle-rattle-rattle...

       Later, the remaining threaded portions of the cap screws would find
their way out of the flywheel ... POP! ...rattle-rattle-rattle...

       That happened over a full summer and when I tore the car apart I found
three intact cap screws remaining, holding the clutch cover to the flywheel.
Yikes!

Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle