Re: [Tigers] Nano Cars

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Nano Cars
From: Cullen McCann <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:40:38 -0700
".....I owned a BMW Isetta 300 for a few years, it was powered by a 300 cc
version of the R26 single-cylinder motorcycle engine. It was a joke to
drive anywhere, 13 hp pushing 1100 lbs. is not entertaining in the least
bit (0 to 30 in about 25 seconds)......"

Mark, interesting you brought up this car....I have a couple bmw issetta
600's, and was thinking I could get some serious mpg with one....but it sounds
like you have already tried that and it didn't work out? I was going to pursue
a late model bike motor like a efi R12....1200cc opposed twin which as I
understand it will actually boltup to the transaxle....with some minor
tweeking...it seems that most 11 and 1200cc bikes are around 120 horse..I was
hoping that would work good in that micro car...that is as long as I don't get
plowed by a semi-truck...or even a pickup....or a kid on a bike.

Cullen