Re: [Tigers] Nano cars

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Nano cars
From: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:29:26 -0700 (PDT)
hi,
     It seems that there is another thinking person on the planet that is not
standing in line at the "do it our way" counter.
     I lived in England in the early 1970s'. I owned several cars..one of
which was a 1957 Ford Anglia and another was a 1963 Ford Cortina.

The Anglia got 52 MPG on an imperial gallon..the Cortina got 40 on the same
gallon..The Anglia was a 1175 cc engine, 4 door..the Cortina was a 1500cc 4
door..both ran like the wind, did not ever break down and were easy to
insure.  I knew friends who had Simcas and the like that got better milage
than my Fords..The point is..I think we are getting the s..t shoveled right in
our face by Oil..that may control Auto Manufacturers and all else.  The "green
cars" are not going to solve anything long term except pile cash into the
makers of these rediculous "bandaids".
     If England could do economical cars in the past, Why the hell can't the
worlds' auto makers do it now??
     Just a question I have been chewing on.
Howard

The Blues is the only music Original to the United States of America.