Re: [Tigers] Bleeding Tiger Brakes Solo

To: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Bleeding Tiger Brakes Solo
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:16:50 -0800
My son found a neat accessory for his Alpine, and my Tiger.  It is a
"Speed Bleeder" fitting for the rear brakes that allows the entire
system to be purged WITHOUT someone under the car open/closing rear
valve, and someone pumping, and someone refilling M/C.

This looks very much like a bleeder fitting, but has a one-way check
valve.  Once installed by simple change, it only needs to have a clear
hose to a jar/can to catch the bleed.  Turn the fitting open, then
slowly depress the brake pedal until the discharge is clear, and free
from bubbles.

They can be installed, replacing the rear bleeder valve, and purge the
entire system, and just have to be tightened closed after completion of
each circuit.  I don't remember if I used just one at the rear, or 1
rear and 1 front.  Seems to me we purchased a package of two, and shared
one each for the Alpine & Tiger.

Link to company: http://speedbleeder.zoovy.com/

Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com