Re: [Tigers] Bleeding Tiger Brakes Solo

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Bleeding Tiger Brakes Solo
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:32:55 -0500
Mark
        I hope that dealer has a good selection of parts because he does not
work on car or if he does I don't want one of his creative fixes.

        I rarely have a problem bleeding any brakes by myself by just
looping the bleeder tube up at least 6 inches to create a column of fluid
above the wheel cylinder.  Pump the brake pedal and hold a couple seconds so
any air bubble will rise in the column and not get sucked back into the
cylinder.  Pump the pedal the same way a couple more times then check the
bleeder tube for air bubbles, contamination and clear fluid then check the
reservoir for fluid level.   Repeat as needed.   Move on to the next wheel
cylinder and repeat.  After all 4 wheels have been bled check the pedal
firmness.   If not satisfied with the feel of the brake pedal; start with
the rear brake shoes adjustment, they need to be adjusted correctly.  If the
pedal still feels soft, bleed all the wheel cylinders again.

Ron Fraser