Re: [Tigers] Tiger colors

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger colors
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:05:34 -0600
Here's a sorta-off-topic question: How did Glyptal come to be the go-to
coating for differentials and engine blocks? I know that it's used
because it seals pores in the cast iron surfaces, but how did an
electrical insulation compound become the de-facto standard for engine,
transmission, and diff interiors?

http://www.glyptal.com/

Glyptal is a US product that was mainly a research-facility material
until maybe two decades ago. So why would it be the concours-correct
paint for a diff on a British car?

Theo