Re: [Tigers] To roll bar or not to roll bar,

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>, Thomas Witt
Subject: Re: [Tigers] To roll bar or not to roll bar,
From: MAURO D'ANGELO <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 07:31:31 -0500
Hi. In fact, my biggest concerns are focused on hitting my head on the
horizontal bar too since I'm 184cm tall, and that it would just fold forward
and do more damage to me than the street (or add damage anyway) would.  I
imagine it would act just like a mouse trap.  While rolling the car over is
not outside of the realm of possibilities, getting rear ended by some soccer
mom on the phone while choosing a DVD for her kids to watch is almost likely
in the Washington DC area.

I think I am going to remove my roll bar and keep it just in case I decide
to do anything on a track again.  I think I would choose my 1972 Porsche 911
non-sunroof coupe as a track car before the Tiger anyway.  To me, it's not
about pure power to weight ratio, HP and straight-line speed anyway.  Not
that that's all the Tiger provides, but the Porsche is a lot of fun in the
super-twisties. Mauro