Re: [Tigers] Magnesium wheels

To: David Sosna <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Magnesium wheels
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 9:49:22 -0400
David & Steve:

I've got a set of Silverstones for my Tiger.  They are, of course, really cool
period wheels but, with all the info that's been flying around about magnesium
wheels in the last few years, I've kept them just for show.  I think I've only
driven the car once with them on it and had no problems, but I'd sure hate to
write off my Tiger because I had an old magnesium wheel break at speed.  True
enough, the wheels look fantastic on the Tiger, but they're not worth using and
possibly losing the car over.

By the way, the only way I could ever get them to hold air was to run
innertubes in the tires.  Otherwise, given a sufficient amount of time, the air
just bleeds out through the wheels.

My .02 worth,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK