Re: [Tigers] Crossmember Installation Headache: Advice Needed

To: "Would U. Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Crossmember Installation Headache: Advice Needed
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 19:16:59 -0500
If the crossmember and chassis are that different then it would seem to be
prudent to measure both sets of holes, compare against the frame measurement
chart that's in the Tiger shop manual, and figure out which of the two is
actually out of spec. My crossmember turned out to be flattened and opened up
front to back (i.e. the front set of holes were closer to correct than the
rear set).

Jacking the chassis rails to fit the crossmember might be the easy way to make
things bolt in, but if you're out by over 1/2" then you have little guarantee
that the spread you're introducing is even on both sides.

Cheers,
Theo