Re: [Tigers] Crossmember Installation Headache: Advice Needed

To: "'Smit, Theo'" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>, "'Would U. Believe'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Crossmember Installation Headache: Advice Needed
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:35:23 -0400
        I would suggest you put a slight point on the bolt to get by the bad
threads; a thread file might work OK here too.  As Theo states the threads
for UNF are slightly different from SAE threads.   If you have another same
bolt available I would cut grooves in the length of the bolt threads to make
it a thread chaser to clean the threads in the frame.  If you have just the
one bolt then be less aggressive and shorter with the grooves and run the
bolt in a out a few times cleaning the grooves each time until clean.

Ron Fraser