Re: [Tigers] Crossmember Installation Headache: Advice Needed

To: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Crossmember Installation Headache: Advice Needed
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:50:47 +1000
On 13 July 2010 10:16, Smit, Theo <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com> wrote:

> If the crossmember and chassis are that different then it would seem to be
> prudent to measure both sets of holes, compare against the frame
> measurement
> chart that's in the Tiger shop manual, and figure out which of the two is
> actually out of spec. My crossmember turned out to be flattened and opened
> up
> front to back (i.e. the front set of holes were closer to correct than the
> rear set).

Theo,

A good point, as we all know the front cross members are prone to cracks,
sagging etc, when bolted to the car they will stay connected, once removed
if its no longer in true then it will be hard to get it back in.

There was some measurements a while back for the tower to tower and cross
dimensions to check the front suspension. The other thing is when the front
end is out its prudent to brace the shock woers and fulcrum pins.

--
Regards

Michael King