Re: [Tigers] Ford / Mazda 5speed transmission

To: mike schreiner <mikeflbmer@yahoo.com>, tigers@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ford / Mazda 5speed transmission
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 21:29:01 -0800 (PST)
Not to correct Mike but the 5 speed in my Tiger was a Dale A. transformed from
the AMC Concord or Spirt tail shaft. He bought a new 5 speed and changed 5th
gear to keep it in the cam but Im sure the tranny was the same as used in the
Mustang and Im not so sure about a Mazda. I do need to talk to Dale as he was
so busy at Suni I didnt get a chance to converse with him as I need the right
inner gear for the speedo- mine was the wrong color and makes the speedo turn
backwards. Tom Hall sent me a link for a part that changes rotation but for
what I paid for the tranny Im sure Dale will make whatever repair he deems best.
TtT >