Re: [Tigers] Fuel pump question

To: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fuel pump question
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 02:54:43 +0000 (UTC)
Allan, my guess is that its at least partly aB carb float shutoff problem. As
I understand it the SU pumps supply fuel "on demand". So if the bowls fill and
the shutoff valves do not shut off the flow, the pump will keep pumping.B B
Obviously, that would not explain a situation where the key was off and the
pump kept pumping, but you probably would have heard it continuing to tick if
that was the case.Perhaps it is wired in a way that has power to it directly
rather than through the switch?

Those are the first two things I would check anyway. Hope it turns out to be
an easy fix.

Gene