Re: [Tigers] Fuel pump question

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fuel pump question
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:38:26 -0700
Once you get beyond a few gallons it would seem the gas would flow out of an
opening (like a valve cover breather).  Also you would likely smell it -
even the vapors could have made the engine rich enough to stall the car.

Do you have evidence of this account or is the engine builder trying to
shift the blame??? I'd ask the builder where the gas got into the engine. If
he states from the fuel pump (like its an attached to the block mechanical
pump) I think you caught the guy.  Lastly I'd think you would loose a rod
bearing before a cam bearing. Maybe I'm just skeptical, but something just
isn't adding up.

Tom