Re: [Tigers] Brakes

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brakes
From: John Stithem <mai65tai@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 15:14:27 -0700
With the dual master cylinder set up - how are most people running the brake
lines?
When you run separate lines for front and back brakes -It seems you can't use
the stock set up with the lines going to the splitter valve.
The next question - if you are not using the splitter valve - what are you
doing in place of the pressure activated brake light switch connected to the
splitter?

I am running the stock set up now but thinking of running the dual master
cylinder for a little redundancy in the braking system should a front or rear
line go bad.

Thanks.

John

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 18:55:20 -0400
> From: Karl Adey <sunbeamkarl@hotmail.com>
> To: The LIST Post <tigers@autox.team.net>
> Subject: [Tigers] Brakes
>
> Yep, another post about the brake system.  I've read countless pages on the
> Tiger brake system, but still seem stymied.  I'm building a mostly stock
> tiger, with a mild mannered 260 meant to be a weekender.  Can't say I'll
> always stick to the speed limit, but I don't plan on pushing it too hard.
> Stock cast heads, intake, manifolds etc should lead to a front heavy car.
I'm
> bypassing the servo to save myself the headache and am building a manual
brake
> system aimed at reliability and ease of use.I'll be using Tom Hall's 6:1
brake
> pedal with the Wilwood dual MC that he set me up with.  Other than that, it
> will be a stock system.  Rebuilt stock calipers in front, stock drums in
the
> rear.  I'll hope to eventually be running Panasport Minilite 15" rims, 6"
in
> front, 7" in rear (in the vicinity of 195 front and 205 rear).  I have run
> this plan by several knowledgeable Tiger experts, and they all say that with
> set of Carbon Kevlar pads this system should do me just fine.However, being
> the perfectionist I am, I wanted to double check and see if i need to over
> build this thing... Which brings us to my question:  I'm very curious about
if
> I need a metering valve, a check valve or a portioning valve in the system
I'm