Re: [Tigers] MkII VINs

To: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>,Ron Fraser <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] MkII VINs
From: "Norman C. Miller via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 09:38:42 -0700

--=====================_82176428==.ALT

Sorry Ron,

I meant Tod.

At 06:59 AM 7/16/2016, Tod Brown via Tigers wrote:
>Hi Ron:
>
>Interesting. I had a conversation with Norm just recently and he
>said just the opposite, that there were a few cars that were built
>by Jensen at the end of the MkIA run with all of the changes that
>were incorporated on the MkII's just to make sure it would all go
>together. Those cars carried the MkIA badging. I made a mistake in
>my description in my previous email about the specific changes. I
>referred to a Watts linkage rear setup. That was incorrect. I meant
>to say Panhard rod, as that was the change incorporated into the
>MkII's, as you know.
>
>I suggested to Norm that it would be a good idea for him to publish
>what he knows about the MkII changeover process, but have not heard
>anything back from him. As you may know, as the editor of Rootes
>Review, I ran an ad for the MkII prototype, B382100002 LRXFE in the
>June issue past. When I got the info about the car and the request
>to run the ad, I was somewhat skeptical since a lot of the MkII trim
>was missing, so I contacted Norm. It was the result of our resultant
>conversation that he mentioned the MkIA's with the 289s. I was
>surprised when he mentioned them because, like you, I had always
>believed it to be a myth. However, the oracle has spoken. If Norm is
>reading this, I would urge him to weigh in to settle this.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Tod

--=====================_82176428==.ALT

Sorry Ron,<br><br>
I meant Tod.<br><br>
At 06:59 AM 7/16/2016, Tod Brown via Tigers wrote:<br>
Interesting. I had a conversation with Norm just recently and he said
just the opposite, that there were a few cars that were built by Jensen
at the end of the MkIA run with all of the changes that were incorporated
on the MkII's just to make sure it would all go together. Those cars
carried the MkIA badging. I made a mistake in my description in my
previous email about the specific changes. I referred to a Watts linkage
rear setup. That was incorrect. I meant to say Panhard rod, as that was
the change incorporated into the MkII's, as you know.<br><br>
I suggested to Norm that it would be a good idea for him to publish what
he knows about the MkII changeover process, but have not heard anything
back from him. As you may know, as the editor of Rootes Review, I ran an
ad for the MkII prototype, B382100002 LRXFE in the June issue past. When
I got the info about the car and the request to run the ad, I was
somewhat skeptical since a lot of the MkII trim was missing, so I
contacted Norm. It was the result of our resultant conversation that he
mentioned the MkIA's with the 289s. I was surprised when he mentioned
them because, like you, I had always believed it to be a myth. However,
the oracle has spoken. If Norm is reading this, I would urge him to weigh
in to settle this.<br><br>
Cheers,<br><br>
Tod</blockquote></body>

--===============4632442539280898390==