Questions about the gas tank

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Questions about the gas tank
From: PMACHOLDT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:44:12 EST
Sorry if this is a re-post but Verizon, my ISP, can't seem to get their
act together this week and as a result, I don't know what got posted to
the list.

I have to remove the tank on my TR250 to replace a sending unit gasket
(tank leaks where the sending unit attaches).  While it is out, I want to
clean it up a bit.

I have 2 questions; 1) What is the outside of the tank coated with from
the factory (body color paint, undercoating, nothing, something else)?
And 2) has anyone used the Eastwood internal tank coating kit and is it
worth the money for a tank that is 30+ years old but in good shape (will
probably cost $60-70)?

Again, sorry if it is a repeat.

Regards,
Peter Macholdt