First Cross Country Trip (in the dead of winter)

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: First Cross Country Trip (in the dead of winter)
From: "Mark Bullard" <mbullard@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:00:38 -1000
Aloha Listers,

I've been hanging out in the wings for a while waiting for the day that I
would finally be able to join the conversations here.

Well that day has arrived.  After looking for several months, bidding several
times on ebay, looking at want-ads across the country, I am now the proud 2nd
owner of a '74 TR6.

I purchased it through ebay a couple of days ago and now need to get it from
Indianapolis to CA, then onto a boat and home to Hawaii.

At this point I am planning on flying out the day after Christmas and making
my way (God willing) somewhere south and warm(er) and then back to CA.  It is
going to be an adventure I've wanted to do for some time and now I will be
able to do it in my little TR6.
Obviously, my concerns are making it back in a 28 year old car that I've never
seen before with the both of us still intact.

I don't have my route planned out yet but will definitely be heading south
before west. I would love the opportunity to meet some of you in person as I
make my way home (not to mention emergency phone contacts in the event of an
emergency break-down) and  will certainly reciprocate if any of you ever break
down in Hawaii :)

Aloha,

Mark Bullard
Kailua, Hawaii