Re: BL badges

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
Subject: Re: BL badges
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:09:54 EST
In a message dated 11/23/02 5:22:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jonmac@ndirect.co.uk writes:

> No, Darrell - not done to confuse. They blew off on the way to the Liverpool
> Docks! Next time you come to England, visit the Staffordshire and Cheshire
> Tourist Information offices and ask those helpful ladies to point you in
> the
> direction of the badge heaps.
> Mainland Europe has roadside shrines of Our Lady - England has little heaps
> of BL badges in various shapes and colours, all claiming to be 'original
> versions' - and mostly very close to te M6 motorway

John,
It appears that you have finally provided us with a reasonable explanation as
to why we have badgeless, one badge and two badge TR6's over here in the
States.  My 71 is one of the fortunate ones whose badges on both front wings
survived the trip to the docks. There are quite a few other TR6 owners I know
who were not so fortunate.  The debate centered on if they should be affixed
to the driver's side or the passenger's side. Both sides was OK but owners
that swore that their TR6 never had any were in the minority.  Now we have
your story to tell.
Thanks,
Darrell