Re: broken rockers,bent pushrods

To: "Mark Bullard" <mbullard@hawaii.rr.com>, <YeOldEd@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: broken rockers,bent pushrods
From: "Gregory Dito" <g.dito@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 07:40:08 -0400
Mark,

Your original definition of tappets was correct.  Also called lifters or
followers. They are cylindrical metal parts that ride on the camshaft down
in the block and have the pushrod sitting in them, which in turn actuates
the rocker arm.

The small threaded "ball" that is adjusted at the rocker arm is an adjusting
screw and the process Mike describes is to adjust rocker to valve stem
clearance.

Greg
CD6250L