Re: broken rockers,bent pushrods

To: "Lawrence Brown" <larryandrobin@charter.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: broken rockers,bent pushrods
From: "Mark Anderton" <andertonm@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 15:02:15 -0400
Larry,

The response thread seemed to deal more with valve adjustment than with your
original calamity.  If you are breaking rocker arms and bending pushrods,  I
would suspect binding valves.  Since you don't know the history of the
rebuild, it's possible the valve guides were not properly installed and do
not have adequate clearance - or maybe after 10 years of sitting, they are
just bound up.  Another possibility is cam timing that is far enough off
that you are getting interference between pistons and valves.  Not sure if
that's possible on this engine.  Given what you said, I think you can count
on having to remove the head to look for damage and to determine the
condition of the head overall.

Mark Anderton
72 TR6
Virginia Beach