Re: Soft Lifters

To: Gregory Dito <g.dito@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Soft Lifters
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 21:01:37 -0400
Well, Greg, I'm going to chime in too, now that my engine is back together,
having installed all the components you were talking about: Piper 270 cam,
tubular pushrod, .020 over A&E's, new valve springs, nitrided rocker shaft, new
rockers, valve guides, valve stem seals, dual crank cam and chain set and a new
set of tappets. I bought the whole shooting match from BP Northwest. No one on
the list or at BPNW ever mentioned needing hardened tappets. The tappets were
only $44 for the set, from BPNW, (http://www.bpnorthwest.com/tr6/tr6engine.htm)
and I never gave it much thought. But at that price, I don't imagine they're
hardened. Guess I'll have to call and ask. It's not just spending the extra $$:
It's KNOWING what's the right thing to do at the time!

Dave Friedlander
CF25194UO