Re: Anyone knows how much a TR6 weights?

To: lang@isis.mit.edu, z28quetzal@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Anyone knows how much a TR6 weights?
From: BigOldWumper@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 20:06:15 EST
What could possibly have knocked the weight up by 400 pounds in the later
cars? That's a lot of extra weight! I'm sure the emissions controls added a few
pounds, and the thick rubber bumpers a few more, but 400 pounds is quite a bit,
what else would have caused such a massive increase? The weight distribution
numbers I've seen for the 6 are 51/49. But if the later cars gained that much
weight, I'm not sure exactly where they ganined it, so that may have thrown
off the weight distribution.
-Sean

In a message dated 1/1/2004 4:58:59 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lang@isis.mit.edu writes:
On Thu, 1 Jan 2004, Joseph Grant wrote:

> I would like to ask if anyone knows what the total weight of a TR6 would be?

Depends on the year. The early cars weigh around 2200, the later ones
weigh over 2600. The weights are published in the booke like The Triumph
TR and others (including the Bentley manual reprint of the TR6 Handbook).

> Also, do you know what the weight distribution is?  Front vs. rear?

Stock is pretty close to 50/50, it's like 51/49. You can get the static
weight to almost 50/50, but it depends on filling the fuel tank and as you
drive the car the weight bias changes.

> Thanks and Happy New Year.
>

> Regards,
>
> Joe

Happy New Year!
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |