Re: Anyone knows how much a TR6 weights?

To: BigOldWumper@aol.com
Subject: Re: Anyone knows how much a TR6 weights?
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 09:56:51 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 BigOldWumper@aol.com wrote:

> What could possibly have knocked the weight up by 400 pounds in the later
> cars? That's a lot of extra weight! I'm sure the emissions controls added a
>few
> pounds, and the thick rubber bumpers a few more, but 400 pounds is quite a
>bit,
> what else would have caused such a massive increase? The weight distribution
> numbers I've seen for the 6 are 51/49. But if the later cars gained that much
> weight, I'm not sure exactly where they ganined it, so that may have thrown
> off the weight distribution.
> -Sean

The answer is 5 MPH bumpers. The bumpers and assiciated brackets weigh
quite a lot.

So, the early cars weigh the least. In 72 the car got some weight due to
engine changes and interior stuff. In 74 Fed Spec cars got the bumper
overriders (and support brackets). The 74.5 and later got the reinforced
bumpers and eventually the air pump and some other stuff.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |