Re: Anyone knows how much a TR6 weights?

To: sloseke@holly.colostate.edu, lang@isis.mit.edu, z28quetzal@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Anyone knows how much a TR6 weights?
From: BigOldWumper@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 22:31:27 EST
That's interesting about the doors. Was it only the impact bar that was
added, or was there anything else that was added to make the door more rigid?
It
makes me wonder if it might be a good safety measure to use TR6 doors on an
earlier car. Were there any other differences between the earlier 4/4A/250s's
doors other than the door lock mechanism, as far as fitting goes? I know that
places like CTM Engineering in England sell the impact bars alone, but from
what I
understand the door skins must be removed in order to install them, and that
sounds like it would be more work than just locating a pair of '6 doors. That
is, if it really is a worthwhile safety measure.

-Sean

In a message dated 1/1/2004 5:33:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,