RE: Anyone knows how much a TR6 weights?

To: <BigOldWumper@aol.com>, <lang@isis.mit.edu>, <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Anyone knows how much a TR6 weights?
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 20:50:38 -0500
My 1975 TR6s commission plate reads 2960 GVRW with 1400 front and 1560
rear, which is the max. recommended gross weight.

Bentley's manual lists the 1970 US model basic kerb (water, oil, fuel &
tools) weight as 2,465 lbs. And the 1971-4 models as 2,392 lbs. The '69
model is listed at 2,280 lbs. The PI cars are slightly heavier.

I converted the listed kg. to lb. It does seem odd that the '70 model
would be heavier than the later models, but that's the way it is listed.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

What could possibly have knocked the weight up by 400 pounds in the
later
cars? That's a lot of extra weight! I'm sure the emissions controls
added a few
pounds, and the thick rubber bumpers a few more, but 400 pounds is quite
a bit,
what else would have caused such a massive increase? The weight
distribution
numbers I've seen for the 6 are 51/49. But if the later cars gained that
much
weight, I'm not sure exactly where they ganined it, so that may have
thrown
off the weight distribution.
-Sean