RE: 3 leaky MCs in 3 years - Venting

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: RE: 3 leaky MCs in 3 years - Venting
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:54:14 +0000
Bob and all,

I've decided to go with DOT5 on my restoration for a couple of reasons. One is
I am just finishing this car, and I don't want to have to go back and re-paint
the MC area if it does spill over. And second. I'm using it as a Sunday driver
for the first two years, I think I won't have to worry about boiling point or
other highly technical issues that may crop up. Also I'm starting with a clean
system, new everything, so the DOT5 won't be contaminated. But everyone's
situation may be different, and in this area all individuals should do some
research here on what's right for there LBC.

I'm also using a new MC, and I'm afraid of it leaking right off the bat when I
fill it the first time as well. (Along with other fludids I'm sure) So it's a
little insurance here is also what I'm looking for as well.

--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net