Re: TR250 on ebay

To: jimjcmo@yahoo.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 on ebay
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:33:50 EDT
In a message dated 4/13/04 4:39:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jimjcmo@yahoo.com writes:

> Well it didn't sell. I'm not sure that ebay was the best place to sell a car
> like this. IMHO this car at $18K was a pretty darn good deal, the
> non-original aspects notwithstanding. I would doubt that any of us could
>refurbish a
> mongrel TR250 to that standard for $18K.
>
> If I didn't already have a car I'm involved with I would have bid on for
> that price. It is a beautiful car! It may turn up again, perhaps on
> collectorcartrader.com.

I would certainly agree that at the price it was a heck of a deal.  Many
owners of modified TR250's for sure have more invested.  Having restored a few
am certain of this.  There is always something alluring about the $2000 buck
piece of junk that is easy to buy but a large hole in which you throw in money
to bring it back to life.  The one lesson I have learned the hard way is that
one is always dollars ahead to buy the best car you can find if you want a
Triumph. If I didn't have a garage full of them along with a couple of Harley's
have bid on it too.  Hey, if he wanted to trade it for my original but well
used 250 I would have to give it some serious thought.  Well, not that serious.
Cheers,
Darrell