Re: ANSA vs Monza for TR250/TR6

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, "6-Pack"
Subject: Re: ANSA vs Monza for TR250/TR6
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:52:23 -0400
> Any comments out there on Monza vs ANSA systems? I
> understand that ANSA is no longer available except as NOS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don Malling

The ANSA is a quality exhaust system... and basically anything produced by
Monza / Pacesetter is not a quality product.  The ANSA system is a much
heavier gauge steel tubing (both systems are mild steel) and the chrome on
the tips lasts much longer.  The thicker gauge of the tubing is so
significant that it can easily be felt in the overall weight between the two
systems.

I tracked down a ANSA TR6 system for a customer about 6 months ago and he
loves it.  And yes, they are no longer available... but there is one on eBay
right now.  A bit pricey though considering what they used to sell for, but
most likely worthwhile.

The ANSA will last much longer than a Monza unit.  The Monza system on my
1974 TR6 did not even last 24 months before there was significant surface
rust and pitted tips.  I also feel the muffler quality of the ANSA is
better, but I can't confirm this, but I base this on the fact that the ANSA
system is a bit softer in tone than the Monza unit and the Monza mufflers
rust faster than the pipes.

For the record, and Don this may interest you as you've got an MGB as well,
MGB ANSA systems are still available new...

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics