Re: ANSA vs Monza for TR250/TR6

To: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Subject: Re: ANSA vs Monza for TR250/TR6
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:08:29 -0400
Hi Shawn and others who responded,

I found my Rimmer catalog and looked at it quickly this am before work.
I think I saw the system to which you were referring.

At this point I am committed to the Falcon header kit from TRF RFK616.
It comes with a single Y downpipe that connects to the headers.

I have been told by at least two knowledgeable list members that the
stock sideways mounted muffler creates back pressure and will undo a
some or a lot of what I am trying to gain with the Falcon headers. My
understanding is that the Falcon muffler is also a sideways mount. Makes
you wonder why Falcon would use the stock sideways mount if it created
back pressure -- maybe the muffler internals are different?

So, I am open to suggestions as to what to do after the Falcon headers
and the 2-1 Falcon Y downpipe. This is the early single pipe system. I
already have some suggestions from some who have responded and will look
into them.

Maybe a custom system by a local muffler shop with some other stock
mufflers -- suggestions?

Thanks,

Don Malling