Re: ANSA/Monza using Flowmaster

To: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>, 6pack list
Subject: Re: ANSA/Monza using Flowmaster
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:45:36 -0400
Hi Peter,

I completely agree with you. I will stick with the dual ZS for now.

Seems to me that if you add the triple ZS the air valves just ride lower
than with the duals. Maybe at WOT the dual ZS would not be sufficient.
Personally I think the only advantage of the triple ZS is the better
intake manifold design -- but that is only a beginners opinion.

I think there is much more evidence that the Falcon headers and a better
exhaust system will provide some benefits -- 10% to 15% seems to be the
  consensus.

I can not find anyone who has gone to the triple ZS w/o making some
other change at the same time. I have never seen Dyno numbers on the
triple ZS. I may go with the triple ZS on the next pass, but I want to
do it when that is the only change that is made -- another reason for
doing the headers and exhaust now.

I guess there are other options -- like webers or SU -- maybe they are
better than the triple ZS. Time will tell I guess. But you have to admit
the intakes on the triple ZS are nice and straight. BTW, this is a later
head, and I'm using the longer runner swept intake manifold.

Kas shows a big HP improvement for the PI over the ZS, so there is
something to it -- improving the intake end of the thing. Exactly what
the answer to it is, is not clear to me. Maybe a supercharger -- but not
on this engine -- maybe the next one :-)

Don Malling