brake lights not working

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: brake lights not working
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:35:58 EDT
Hi folks,
I'm trying to get ready for Trials.  I've discovered that my right brake
light doesn't work correctly.  With the driving ights off, the right brake
light
comes on dull when the brake is applyed.  The left side is the normal bright.
The right light glows normally with the running lights on, but when I step on
the brake, the light goes out completely.  The left side works fine.  All
other lights work normally.  I figure there is a bad ground somewhere.  The
fixture is clean, all the contacts look ok.  I shined them up and put delectric
grease on but no improvement.  Does any one know where the fault is.  My
multimeter is shot
Thanks
Joe Davis